Time.

We've all heard it before, everyone has the same amount of time in a day. The difference is how we choose to use that time. How much we value that time.

 

 


My most precious time is time spent with my son. That time has no monetary value, but it is priceless. It's priceless because time spent away from him it is time I cannot get back. We just celebrated his 3rd birthday. Three years went by in a literal blink. I am already having a hard time recalling how his chubby baby face looked until my Facebook memories pops up and leaves me in tears. How did it go so fast?

Time is fleeting. Ask anyone with grown children and they will tell you to cherish these hard toddler years because before you know it they will be all grown up. Why do we nod our heads but not truly take those words to heart? Stupidly I have wasted a lot of time.

I have realized that I have missed out on a lot of memories with my son because I was working. I missed his first steps. I missed taking him to the firetruck rides, birthday parties, the fishing derby, and the list goes on. Was it worth it? That's the new question I am asking myself. Is this sacrifice of time worth it?

I have decided that bridal services taking up every Saturday from May - September is not a sacrifice I want to make any longer. I didn't get to enjoy the sun shining on my skin last year or take my son to swimming lessons. I was so busy with weddings I missed out on an entire summer of fun with my son. Don't get my wrong, I did 14 amazing weddings last year and truly connected with and appreciated each bride, but I am ready to re-prioritize my life a little.

My bushiness has grown so rapidly over the last couple years that I didn't realize how many directions I was allowing myself to be pulled in. This was not a decision that was easy to make. I have invested a lot of time and money into my bridal bushiness. I have a remodeled toy hauler that I was going to use this season. It took a lot of introspection to realize that doing weddings isn't lighting my fire anymore and thus its just not worth the sacrifice of time. 

So this is it. I am officially retiring from offering bridal services. It has been an amazing few years. I am so grateful to have been nominated as a Knot Best of Wedding winner 2 years in a row. I am honored to have been a part of so many special moments and days. It is time to put my focus into the services that I currently offer so I can deliver the utmost quality to you, my clients that I see every day.



 And to spend just a little more time enjoying all these fleeting moments with this guy before he's too cool for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Forget The Journey

Going Through The Big D.

Stop. Wasting. Time.