Invest In You.











I have spent several thousand dollars on my education this year.



Let that sink in. Several THOUSAND. I also took out a small loan to open my salon back in July ( its already 50% paid off because debt stresses me out). Did I want to throw up? Yeah. Totally. Does my husband think I am insane? A little.

So why? Why did a spend thousands of dollars on education and a salon remodel this year when I could have stayed at my little home salon longer and saved money? Because I believe in  investing in myself. I invested in a space for my salon to grow into. I invested in a employee to help take some of my work load. I invested in business marketing classes. I invested in color classes to be a better stylist. I invested in Natural Beaded Row (NBR) hair extensions and a business course called Big Money Stylist (BMS).

I started my work up training classes today for NBR & BMS. For the next three weeks I will have daily assignments until I leave for Laguna Beach to do my in person training at BMSCON3. This is in addition to my normal everyday schedule of being a mom, wife, business owner and stylist.

Sometimes it takes putting down the big money to commit to doing something that puts you out of your comfort zone. Am I totally excited to learn about NBR hair extensions? Yes!! I am getting them in my own hair in December and I am so stoked. Am I excited to travel solo to Southern California and take a class with 300 people who are total strangers? Not so much. I am shy and introverted around new people. Talking in front of a crowd makes me want to vomit. Is that going to stop me from going? No.

Pushing past comfortable is where real growth starts to happen. No one wants to be stagnate or stale. But the only way to keep going towards that next goal is to push past that comfortable area you've been swimming in and head for open water. I know that this nervous feeling in my belly is going to serve me so much better than being content and comfortable. Big things are on the horizon because I am my own best investment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Through The Big D.

Don't Forget The Journey

Stop. Wasting. Time.