Travel Blog January 2019

We just got in last night from a grueling 12 hour drive home from San Clemente, Ca.

The drive down on Wednesday was equally terrible with us hitting heavy snow in Chester and rain all the way down "The 5." We had ten hours in the car and then we landed in terrible LA traffic for another two hours, in heavy rain which in LA is like the apocalypse.


Our fancy dinner plans turned into late night pizza delivery (thank you Uber Eats!). I had decided to treat myself to a DryBar blow out at 7am the next morning so we left our hotel in San Clemente bright and early at 6:30. I have NBR extensions in my hair which makes a blow out take a little more time and adds a twenty dollar charge to your blow out but is so convenient when you don't feel like washing your hair before an event. (Unless it rains and ruins it 😒). Feeling great about my hair I quickly dashed to the car my hubby was waiting to pick me up outside knowing the rain would ruin my hair.

We ran to get a green juice at Nekter and I was ready for the whole reason for the trip, my Natural Beaded Rows intensive. We arrived at Warrior HQ in Dana Point and I had so much nostalgia. It was in a shopping center I had spent many lunch visits to when I worked just up the road at Artisty Salon when I was an assistant hairstylist in 2013.


I think to all of our amazement we were in the very studio that The Date Your Wife and Big Money Stylist podcasts were filmed. We spent the entire day having intimate hands on NBR training with the one and only Coach Ani. I think its safe to say all 10 of us walked away with some serious insights and new skills. We also got to peak into the main Warrior office where they make all the magic happen. Spoiler alert: its a lot of computers.

 
 If you are ready to experience the best hair of your life with Natural Beaded Rows click here

We wrapped up the day with a romantic dinner.  I wore a little black dress and styled my hair in a low pony tail with volume at the crown since it was still drizzling outside. I dressed the ponytail up a little by wrapping my hair around the hair tie. I wore gray booties and a jean jacket over top. Let me know if you would like a tutorial on this look!




My husband Tanner took me to a new restaurant in San Clemente called Fig 313 (highly recommend) and spoiled me with some amazing food and cocktails.Goat. Cheese. Fondue. Seriously how cute is the "Fig" on the bun? The short ribs were to die for as well as the cheesecake. Having a nice date night dinner in the city of San Clemente never gets old.


Friday was spent having a day of complete relaxation. I had a fabulous eggs benedict and vanilla latte for breakfast then headed over to one of my favorite nail salons in San Clemente for a pedicure. They do a 10 minute timed foot and leg massage. Drool. Tanner picked me up and we did some shopping then headed over to Thai Body Works for a massage. We try to grab a massage here whenever we are in town. They are truly the best. I was happy to hear they have expanded to quite a few locations since we lived in San Clemente. I'm not holding my breath for a Susanville location though. Sigh.

Thoroughly relaxed and pampered we hit up another San Clemente cult classic Hapa J's for the famous Kalua Pig Nachos. I had cravings for these nachos so intense when I was pregnant I was trying to justify driving the twelve hours or spending several hundred dollars just to go eat them. They also make amazing coconut shrimp, Macadamia nut mac and cheese (trust me on this one) and pot stickers. We have never made it past the appetizer menu because all of them sound so good. Don't be fooled though the Nachos are a meal for two people.

We headed home on Saturday and spent about two hours stuck going down the grapevine. Thank
goodness I had used my better judgement of not having a second cup of coffee that morning because there is not a bathroom in sight up there. We stopped at In and Out for lunch (is it really a California road trip if you don't) and we finally made it home last night around eight and picked up our little man. I could tell he was ready for us to be home. All in all it was a really great trip but I think next time I would rather just fly.

I woke up today motivated to practice my new bead work tricks and got to work on my doll head. I am stoked for my upcoming NBR appointments. I love improving my skills to give you guys the absolute best service. 

Let me know if you enjoyed this blog! I wasn't on my phone as much this trip because I enjoyed so much time with my hubby so I thought I would write it all out for those that were interested in what I was up to. I will be back in SoCal several more times this year and can definitely blog about it if it is the type of content you guys like to see. Drop me a comment and let me know would you rather see Instagram stories/lives or blogs with photos?

And of course if your ready for your dream hair just click here


Until next time,

Amanda



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Forget The Journey

Going Through The Big D.

Stop. Wasting. Time.